Brian Richard Thomas
Born: August 16, 2006
12:40 PM
8lbs 1oz
20 inches
20 inches
Relatively speaking, we had a great day at the hospital. We arrived at 6:00 AM and Brian came at 12:40PM. He came without complications and screamed his beautiful, hair filled, head off. Jen was a champ! She labored by-the-book. The second time is "much better" than the first.
We had a short list of names that we liked and were leaning strongly towards naming him Samuel. But after seeing him for the first time... we changed our minds. (Actually, naming Brian was mostly my responsibility. I earned that privilege through mine and Jen’s “March Madness” family pool. The winner got final say in naming our next child. It was close, but I did end up winning.) I changed my mind. Choosing another from our short list of names that we both liked. (Even though I did have omnipotent naming rights – I do realize that he had to live with the name for the rest of his life, and I plan on living with Jen for the rest of… forever!) Just before the delivery, I had announced to everyone in the delivery room that the baby’s name was going to be Samuel. Just after he came out I was still set on Samuel. But I spent a few moments just talking to him and looking at him and Samuel just didn’t fit.
It’s wonderful to have Brian with us now. Our family has been very blessed and all of our prayers have been answered. Thank you so much for all of your thoughts and prayers as well.
We had a short list of names that we liked and were leaning strongly towards naming him Samuel. But after seeing him for the first time... we changed our minds. (Actually, naming Brian was mostly my responsibility. I earned that privilege through mine and Jen’s “March Madness” family pool. The winner got final say in naming our next child. It was close, but I did end up winning.) I changed my mind. Choosing another from our short list of names that we both liked. (Even though I did have omnipotent naming rights – I do realize that he had to live with the name for the rest of his life, and I plan on living with Jen for the rest of… forever!) Just before the delivery, I had announced to everyone in the delivery room that the baby’s name was going to be Samuel. Just after he came out I was still set on Samuel. But I spent a few moments just talking to him and looking at him and Samuel just didn’t fit.
It’s wonderful to have Brian with us now. Our family has been very blessed and all of our prayers have been answered. Thank you so much for all of your thoughts and prayers as well.

5 comments:
Congrats on the new baby! He is adorable! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help!
The Camp Family
Wow! Another little one...I'm so happy for you guys!!! It's great to see that I have another friend with a blog. We will all have to keep up on each other through them. Good luck with your new addition. He is beautiful!
Wow! Another little one...I'm so happy for you guys!!! It's great to see that I have another friend with a blog. We will all have to keep up on each other through them. Good luck with your new addition. He is beautiful!
Hello Paul,
Congratulation to your family to have a little one... He's absolutely adorable... I can imagine what I feel when I have my baby... That's one of the best moment in my life... Enjoy your happiness moment... (Suwannee Bangkok/Thailand)
Congratulations Jen, Paul and Aaron! He looks adorable! Jen , you look to good to have just had a baby! I will be thinking of you.
Ashley Savoie
Post a Comment