Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had a great Thanksgiving weekend!  We had dinner at my moms house with some family friends and there was SO much food.  Not all the new recipes I made were a hit, but I learned something so that’s progress!

While my mom and I spent the day cooking, Paul spent some time geocaching with Aaron and got some good father-son time in.  We also worked on a puzzle which was a lot of fun.  We finally finished it when it was time to eat the pies.  It’s amazing how relaxing doing a puzzle can be, yet how it stretches your brain at the same time!  And the sense of accomplishment at the end…it’s awesome!

The next day was our wedding anniversary (9 years) and we left the 3 older boys with my mom and went on an overnight date in San Antonio.  We didn’t know in advance about the lighting of the riverwalk, but ended up having great seats at Landry’s restaurant to watch the lights and the float parade on the river while we ate way too much dinner.  It was a fabulous mini-vacation and we loved the time we spent together.  (We still really like each other!)

IMG_5800

IMG_5804

IMG_5815

Over the weekend we also made some changes with sleeping arrangements at our house.  Christian moved out of the crib and now sleeps upstairs in a twin size bed.  He has made the transition really well.  As long as he has his pacifier and sleep sheep he does great.  And of course, he’s super cute!

IMG_5833

Once Chris moved upstairs then the crib was available for David.  We moved the mattress back up to the top and moved David from the bassinet in our room to the crib in his own room.  While I’m still nursing at 2am, I decided I wanted my room back. 

IMG_5832

In other news, David (3 months today) has 2 teeth!  A week ago Sunday I felt one tooth had broken through the gums and the next day on Monday I noticed a second tooth.  Between that, some icky diaper rash and him catching a cold from his brothers, he’s been a little grumpier, but between Tylenol, Advil and Orajel, he’s doing ok.  He wants to nurse more often than normal, and with teeth now that’s slightly trickier, but I still love being able to nurse him so lets all cross our fingers for this to continue going well.

IMG_5837

With Christmas we coming have a lot to do, but I’ll do my best to keep documenting our life, so hopefully there will be lots more posts coming!

No comments: