Friday, November 02, 2012

Gratitude Thursday 1

I can’t believe it’s already November!  Like last year, I want to post 5 things I’m grateful for each Thursday in November.  Here goes:

1.  Health – Someone might notice that I posted this on Friday and not Thursday.  That’s because I wasn’t feeling well on Thursday.  Luckily I think it was just a 24-hour bug or something, because I’m feeling better now.  I am very grateful for my health and the health of the rest of my family.  We may get sick from time to time, and I have to give occasional breathing treatments to my kids for asthma, but we are generally healthy and I know how lucky we are for that and I hope not to take it too much for granted.

2.  Avocados

avocados

Yesterday I threw a HouseParty sponsored by Avocados from Mexico.  I didn’t grow up eating avocados as neither of my parents liked them and wasn’t really introduced to them until after I got married.  I now love them!  They are a super food and are so yummy.  I’m very grateful we get avocados in season year round!

3.  My jogging stroller

2012-04-28_12-06-32_82

Even before David was born I started looking for a double jogging stroller.  I finally found what I wanted when he was about 6 months old.  Then my mom bought it for me for a birthday present.  And I love it!  I use it almost every day as I take Brian to and from the bus stop.  I haven’t gotten into jogging much because it was too hot this summer, but now that the weather is finally turning nice I’m ready to start jogging more. 

4.  Homeschooling Aaron

IMG_8629

I am very grateful that I have the opportunity this year to spend extra time with my oldest son.  He is awesome.  He loves to learn and I love to teach him.  I am grateful for my education, the educational resources that abound, and the opportunity to stay home with my kids so that I can teach him. 

5.  Visiting Teaching

visiting-teaching-

In our church we have the opportunity to learn how to love each other like the Savior does, by being assigned as visiting teachers.  I have 2 great visiting teachers who visit with me every month to check on me and find out if there is anything I need.  Likewise I have 3 sisters I’m assigned to check on.  As I reach out to these women each month I feel the love of the Lord for each one of them and my understanding of Heavenly Father’s love and plan grow.  I am very grateful for this inspired program in our church.

I’m already starting to make my list for next week!  I love this exercise!

No comments: