I've wanted, and tried, to do a blog entry several times this week...but life happens and so here it is Sunday before I make another attempt.
First the good news, my sister, Marcia, gave birth to a baby boy on Friday. They are going to call him Bryce and the pictures I've seen so far are SO ADORABLE! I can't wait to see him in person!
Next the bad news, my dad is back in the hospital and not doing so great. I don't want to go into details, I'm just too tired, but please everyone pray for him and my mom.
Lastly, at 9:50 tonight I went upstairs because I thought I heard Aaron moving around (keep in mind he is still 3 years old!). As I approached his room I found that his light was on and I got ready to send him to bed with gusto. However, I found him on his bed, reading The New Testament! He was reading in 1 Corinthians chapter 9. When I got there he was in verse 12 and when he finished his verse I started to read verse 13 to him. That made him cry though because "He wanted to do it all by himself" I laid there next to him and listened to him read all 27 verses, at which time I told him it was almost 10pm and that he should go to bed. We said our prayers and I turned off his light.
When asked why he likes reading the scriptures, his reply was "Because it talks about Jesus." When asked why ELSE he likes reading the scriptures, his reply was "Because is has so many books and so many chapters." When asked how he feels when he reads the scriptures, he replied "I feel GREAT-FULL"
He amazes me constantly and I am SO grateful to Heavenly Father for this amazing boy which I have the opportunity to help raise. I learn so much from him and I feel extremely blessed to have him as my son! I guess I'd better follow his example and go read my scriptures before I head to bed.
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wait a minute...you mean he was reading from the actual scriptures and not from the kiddie version? He's 3, right?! That's amazing! You've got a little genius on your hands, Jen. And we'll keep your dad in our prayers...so sorry to hear he's back in hospital. Keep us posted, ok.
Could he explain Isaiah, please? oooo tell everybody about when he read Joey's shirt that was funny. Sorry I couldn't take your kids today. I think the dentist office would have turned us away if I had tried to walk in with 9 kids. 7 was a stretch. Hope your dad gets better.
That is amazing! He is such a little genius!
Post a Comment