Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

With the death of Jen's father this week and his funeral on Good Friday, Easter took on a deeper meaning this year.

Needless to comment, it has been an emotional, sad, and difficult week for our family. But this Easter has been special as the promises of the Atonement and Resurrection have taken a deeper meaning in our life. Jen's sister Marcia and her Husband John blessed their week old baby Brycen in Church on Sunday.

This holiday wasn't JUST about death and sadness, but also about birth, life, and hope.

While less important, we had an Easter Egg Hunt today in the backyard. Aaron was an old-pro at looking for Easter eggs. But Brian, although a rookie, figured out the object right away.




The azalea flowers have been in full bloom this weekend, and provided a nice backdrop for our Easter family photo

2 comments:

Heather said...

I am so sorry to hear about your father. I know how it feels to loose a parent and it's heartbreaking. On a lighter note the Easter picture turned out beautifully and the boys look like they had fun. I'm thinking of you Jen.

Anonymous said...

I was so sad to read about your father's passing, Jen. I imagine it's been very difficult. We love you guys and will keep you in our prayers! Your Easter pics are darling, tho. Your azaleas and back patio have me green with envy! What a gorgeous backyard! We should visit soon. Sure do love you and send you and all your boys big hugs!