Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Autumn Vacation

Time to document our trip to Utah. We were gone Oct 2 - 12. Luckily, The boys fly well.

This time we flew up late at night and the boys, in their pajamas, fell asleep just after take-off. I imagine that the passengers sitting next to the boys were a little annoyed by stray feet as they slept, but likely preferred sleeping boys to crying, fussy, awake little boys.

We went up the canyons and saw the pretty leaves. One of the things I truly miss about living in SLC is the proximity to the mountains. We intentionally came to Utah in the fall this year. I love the fall colors, and Aaron and Brian really took to hiking. They wanted to keep climbing up further and further. I look forward until they are older and we can have some real adventures.

We spent lots of time with cousins and playing on the trampoline. Between getting 'bounced,' and duck-duck-goose there was a LOT of laughter on the trampoline:

Duck-Duck-Goose!


Crack-the-Egg


"I can jump so high"

We participated in the TFI 2008. (Thomas Family Invitational)

We went to the temple with others from our ward in Houston, went to the Saturday PM session of General Conference and had some truly great spiritual experiences.

I drove up to Idaho with my Dad and brother to visit my grandparents. My Grandpa had a special message for all his family.

He was in good spirits, and just wanted to know that we loved him.

Jen made a fantastic birthday cake, my mom made a delicious birthday dinner, and I had a very enjoyable birthday.

Sadly, there wasn't enough time to visit all the old friends that we have in Utah, let alone some of our extended family whom we miss greatly.

1 comment:

John and Marcia said...

Jen - did you really make that birthday cake - holy cow - you have serious skills!