Thursday, October 30, 2008

End of October update.

I have to say I'm a little annoyed that Blogger posted our latest entry "Autumn Vacation" below our previous entry "TFI 2008" so those of you who actually look at our blog (not via reader) might not know we put a new entry up (something about which one we created in draft form first...whatever!) Thanks for being patient while we finally got around to posting about our vacation in early October. Here's a summary of other things we did this month!

We drove to Fort Worth for the BYU v. TCU game. It was our first road trip in the minivan and we had a good time. The kids napped the first hour of the drive, then listened to kids music the rest of the way. They only drove us a little crazy, but all in all it was ok. We are proud that they still don't know about the entertainment system in the car! We got to TCU and attended the BYU tailgate party where Paul and the boys got their picture taken with Ty Detmer (former BYU quarterback for those of us not huge BYU fans!) The game was less then desirable. Having been undefeated, we thought BYU would do well, but they got squashed and it was sad to watch. The kids weren't that interested in watching the football game anyway, so we left early in the 4th quarter to begin our drive back home. The boys slept easily in the car and Paul and I talked and laughed and had fun the 4.5hr drive. We arrived home sometime after 3am, exhausted, but happy.
The boys with Ty Detmer


beautiful sleeping boys



We've still been having soccer games and practice and I took some pictures of the practice this week. All the kids love the practice (more than the games I think) and Paul lets whatever kids are at the park join in too. They all seem to have a good time.
stretching

red light - green light

I can...hop on one foot

freeze tag

Other things we've done this month? Hmmm...we've been busy with our church callings, got to see some of our best friends get sealed to their new adopted twins in the temple, have had friends over for dinner, and have tried several new recipes. We've had fun and played together and are looking forward to carving pumpkins tonight. Hopefully a Halloween post won't be too far behind.

TTFN

5 comments:

brooke said...

we thought about driving up for the BYU- TCU game, but decided not to since it was a thursday night. But I bet it was fun, even though the game was BLAH!
Sounds like y'all are having fun this fall!
Maybe we'll see ya when we go to Katy for Thanksgiving!

Cristi said...

It sounds like it's been a fun month (with more fun to come tomorrow night I'm sure). I enjoy your updates and wish you a Happy (and safe) Halloween!

btw- you can tell blogger when to post each entry, when you are in the edit window, click "post options" on the bottom left-hand corner and you can change the date and time you would like to post it.

Castaneda 5 said...

Oh we know that drive to Dallas all too well! Our kids are pros at car travel! The kids are so cute playing soccer. Looks like it was a fun month!

Erica Huff said...

We are totally at the park next time you have soccer practice. Megan would join in a heartbeat! And Ty Detmer!! Too bad the boys are too young to know how great he really was. What a fun trip! I really can't believe you never turned on the movie system during such a long drive. That is great!

Heather said...

Wow I was wondering where you had been - you buys have been busy! The boys look so cute during their practice. It looks like you've been having fun!