I'm going to share 2 stories today, one about each kid. We'll start with Brian. I actually got a picture of it too. This kid loves anything to do with balls, but I found it hilarious this week when I found him playing golf with a baseball and raquetball racket. We've played "putt putt" a few times this past month and I guess he knows what to do! Even more funny, or disappointing, depending on your point of view, was that he was chanting "BYU, BYU" as he played! I think it's time for me to buy more USU paraphernalia!
Aaron's story was not quite so funny. Today he told me he wanted to ride his "bike" to our friends the Torbit's house who live 4 houses down and then come back. I helped him strap on his helmet and off he went. Although I've never let him go by himself before, I decided I could quickly go back in the house to print out my recipe for dinner. When 5 minutes passed and he hadn't returned home, I walked down to their house expecting to see his bike outside (I assumed he had gone in to play with the girls), but when it wasn't there I came back home and looked for him. I then called the Torbits who informed me Aaron wasn't there.
By now I'm freaking out a little. Paul was off running an errand so I put Brian in the car and began driving around our neighborhood. When I still couldn't find him after making the rounds, I called the Torbits again to have them check again, then called Paul who immediately headed for home. Now in panic mode I started driving the subdivision again, and saw a police cruiser so I stopped him and told him my situation. The officer took down Aaron's description and said he and his fellow officers would immediately start looking for him. Luckily Paul found Aaron just minutes later, a block or two from home.
Evidently, according to Aaron, he rode to the Torbit's, then came back and rode all the way to the neighborhood playground which is several blocks away. He had to cross several streets, and part of the way doesn't have a sidewalk. Once he arrived at the park, he tried to chat with some teenagers, then got back on his bike and rode home. He was probably only gone 20 minutes, but it felt like forever and I was scared to death.
Once I knew he was safe, I just began sobbing! I held him and didn't let go. He didn't know what the big deal was, but was very empathetic to me and told me "I'll stay by your side always" and "I'll take care of you Mommy." As I explained how worried and scared I had been he tried to reassure me several times that "But I was very safe." He's such a sweetheart. I'm SO GLAD he's safe and that Heavenly Father watched over him as he had his adventure.
6 comments:
Oh, my! Nothing is scarier than not knowing where your child is!! I'm so glad he was safe and apparently had everything "under control". Your boys sure are getting tall and handsome!
That is so frightening. Brooklyn wandered out once when she was about two. I thought she had gone with her dad to check the mail but he didn't have her! After scared searching she had gone strait for a toddler car under some stairs at our apartments. Doesn't it just seem surreal when that happens? I flipped out.
That is scary! We've all been through similar situations, I'm sure. Glad he's safe!
WOW! Scary. I am so glad he was found. I couldn't find my kids one day soon after we moved and I was SO Panicked.
aaaaggghh!! SO terrifying. Those seconds that pass do seem like an eternity. So many thoughts run through my head of the terrible outcomes that happen. Good thing there were cops around! But Daddy found him in the end.
Awwwww Hugs to you. Very scary indeed.
BYU BYU BYU. Cute! Yes you must buy more USU stuff!
I can't beleive how grown up they are getting. I can't beleive how grown up my own are getting even.
Post a Comment