Paul said I didn't talk enough about all the cute things Brian has been doing lately, so I thought I'd take a moment and share some of them now.

The other day he was looking for an electronic game (Deal or No Deal) and he had looked for it downstairs. I was sitting on the stairs and suggested he go upstairs to look for it. He thought that was a "great idea" and started climbing the stairs, but he stopped a stair or 2 past me, turned around, looked at the back of my hair and said "It's not in your hair!" then continued to go upstairs. What a goof!
About an hour later, he came down the stairs saying "I can't reach my spoon!" It was time to change him out of his pajamas anyway, so I accompanied him upstairs to get him dressed and help him get his spoon which I had assumed he had dropped behind the TV or something. I glanced around the toy room and didn't see his spoon so went ahead to get him dressed. As I took off his pajama pants, then began to take off his diaper, he reached behind him and pulled his spoon out of his diaper where he had shoved it down so far he couldn't get it back up! I NEVER would have found it there!
Last year when we had our 100th blog post, I made a compilation of pictures of our life so far. I then took those same pictures and had a book made which sits on our dining room table. Brian was looking through the book the other day, and saw the picture of Aaron playing with the "Baby Tad" toy when he was 6 months old.

Brian got very excited and wanted to play with "that guy" and wouldn't rest until I found it for him (buried in a bin of unused toys). He carried it around all that day, even tried to take a nap with it, and was enamored all day by "that guy."

When I suggest something to him that he likes, a snack or a story or something, he is very excited and exclaims that it's "A Great Idea!" On the other hand, when I tell him he has to do something he doesn't like, such as that he needs to take a nap or that he can't have a snack because dinner is in 20 minutes, he gets very upset and often tells me "I don't like that great idea." I think it's hilarious that at least he knows I always have great ideas, even if he doesn't like them!
The other day he was looking for an electronic game (Deal or No Deal) and he had looked for it downstairs. I was sitting on the stairs and suggested he go upstairs to look for it. He thought that was a "great idea" and started climbing the stairs, but he stopped a stair or 2 past me, turned around, looked at the back of my hair and said "It's not in your hair!" then continued to go upstairs. What a goof!
About an hour later, he came down the stairs saying "I can't reach my spoon!" It was time to change him out of his pajamas anyway, so I accompanied him upstairs to get him dressed and help him get his spoon which I had assumed he had dropped behind the TV or something. I glanced around the toy room and didn't see his spoon so went ahead to get him dressed. As I took off his pajama pants, then began to take off his diaper, he reached behind him and pulled his spoon out of his diaper where he had shoved it down so far he couldn't get it back up! I NEVER would have found it there!
Last year when we had our 100th blog post, I made a compilation of pictures of our life so far. I then took those same pictures and had a book made which sits on our dining room table. Brian was looking through the book the other day, and saw the picture of Aaron playing with the "Baby Tad" toy when he was 6 months old.
Brian got very excited and wanted to play with "that guy" and wouldn't rest until I found it for him (buried in a bin of unused toys). He carried it around all that day, even tried to take a nap with it, and was enamored all day by "that guy."
When I suggest something to him that he likes, a snack or a story or something, he is very excited and exclaims that it's "A Great Idea!" On the other hand, when I tell him he has to do something he doesn't like, such as that he needs to take a nap or that he can't have a snack because dinner is in 20 minutes, he gets very upset and often tells me "I don't like that great idea." I think it's hilarious that at least he knows I always have great ideas, even if he doesn't like them!
Brian has a green blanket that he takes to bed with him every nap and nighttime always fingering the tag on it. We even tied the blanket in a knot recently to make it easier for us to find the tag for him. The past few weeks he has requested that we "cover his face" when putting him down to sleep. We think it's a rather odd request, but he really likes it!
He loves TV, loves playing games, and loves to eat. (When I ask him what he wants to eat, he drums his fingers on his chin and says "Let's check and see!") Just like Aaron did at this age, he reads exceptionally well and amazes us all the time at how smart he is. He's super friendly and says HI to strangers all the time and asks them what their name is. He still loves to give kisses and tells us that he loves us all the time, often loudly during church (the family that sits behind us gets a kick out of him!). He's very helpful - when he wants to be - is a great little boy and although he pushes my buttons A LOT lately, we are really glad we have him.
3 comments:
Before anyone freaks out that Brian is going to suffocate... Let me tell another story. Brian used to throw his blanket over his face when he was an infant, so afraid that he might suffocate we got him a new blanket that was very ... what's the word ... airy. It's been his comfort item for some time. He's worn it thoroughly out. And lately he wants to put it on his face again. Relax, he's okay.
Cute Brian stories! I miss that little guy - bring him out to visit his DC family SOON!!!
Cute stories! I love the "I don't like that great idea!" So cute!
Post a Comment