Saturday, August 22, 2009

Summer 2009 Update

I thought about doing an update for June, one for July and one for August, but decided to just lump it all into one. Sorry if it's long!

June began with Aaron finishing preschool and us taking a weekend trip to Lake Conroe. We had a lot of fun on the boat and got some work done and had a great trip. Then we went to Hawaii, but we already blogged about that. The end of June Aaron and Brian took some swimming lessons at a local high school and that continued into July.

For Independence Day we were up at the lake and had fun watching the fireworks over the lake. It can be so relaxing and peaceful there. On the 4th, Brian refused to take a nap and then fell asleep during dinner, still eating his corn on the cob. I tried to post the video we took of it, but couldn't get it to work. It really was hillarious!

In July our youth group also had an activity where they spread mulch at Mom Fuller's house then had a swim party. It was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun.




Also in July, the Ringling Bros and Barnum and Bailey Circus was in town and we took the boys with another family. Brian tolerated it, Aaron enjoyed it and Jen and Paul loved it. It really was amazing some of the things they could do, from the trapeze artists, to the motorcycles to the trained elephants. It was quite impressive.



At the end of July we were lucky enough to spend a Saturday in Kemah, TX with Aunt Nancy and Uncle Tom and their boats. It was beautiful water, beautiful weather and fabulous company.




The only thing that marred our excursion was Brian falling and getting a black eye. He cried for a while then took a nap, but it never bothered him after that. He was happy to tell people he had a "shiner" and that he "fell on a boat." I had to document it though!

The first weekend of August we spent at Lake Conroe again having fun. Saturday Paul and one of my Dad's friends helped repair the deck at the house and worked really hard but it looks great and we won't have to worry about it falling apart any more.

The first week of August Paul started his MBA program at Rice University with his week of Immersion as described in the blog Paul wrote last week. The boys and I missed him, but we survived with help from my mom and some great friends. The next week though I was off to our church's girls camp with my mom watching the boys and Paul sleeping at her house at night. Camping in Houston in August while over 6 months pregnant wasn't fun, but I had a great time with the girls and other leaders and I'm glad I went.



I got back just in time for Brian's 3rd Birthday and I can't believe how big he's getting. He actually seemed older after I was gone for a week. He got lots of great presents and loved his grasshopper pie.

Aaron will start kindergarten on Monday so I promise to post next week about how that all turns out. He's totally excited and I'm a nervous Mom. I'm sure he'll do great and have a great time though. That's it for now. Sorry for having not blogged in a while, but as you can see, life was pretty busy this summer. I'm sure we will all have to adjust to a different way of life now that school's starting. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

brooke said...

busy summer! sounds like a blast though. Love the black eye, Spencer would totally react the same way... bragging about it!
Aaron's off to school and that bun in the oven is on his way!
Fun times!