Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy 95th Birthday Grandpa!

The first weekend in April Christian and I flew to Sacramento to help celebrate my Grandfather's 95th Birthday. Grandpa is in great health and is amazing for 95 years old. People kept reminding him to use his cane, but it appeared to me that he'd rather do without! We had a party for him with several of his friends and it was great to be with him and see him socialize.





That same week my Mom, Brother and Aunt and Uncle helped Grandpa move out of his home and into Eskaton Retirement Community. He has a great place and was able to take most of his furniture with him, so hopefully it feels like home to him. We shipped some of the things he couldn't take with him back to Houston and I got a few of his things. Every time I see the stained glass mirror outside my bedroom or the love seat in my living room I think of him!



I love you Grandpa and I'm glad you're mine!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

What a sweet picture of Chris with your grandpa.