Finally we began our way back home. We decided not to make any big stops on the the drive back, just to get home as quickly as we could. We did look for several geocaches at rest stops, and a few others along the way, but mostly we just drove home.
Geocaching at Hole N The Rock
The first day, Saturday, was a shorter day on the road. We had breakfast in the car, lunch in Moab, an oil change in Cortez, Colorado, dinner along the side of the road somewhere in New Mexico, then we stayed the night in Albuquerque.
Christian really did great on the road trip, here he’s just relaxing reading a book!
We found one geocache at a random statue off the side of the road in New Mexico. Odd, but beautiful!
Our last day, Sunday, we stuck to the freeways to maximize rest stops, but made one quick detour in El Paso to see the house where I had spent my high school years.
We then continued along I-10 all the way across Texas to get home at 1am on Monday morning.
Lots of miles with nothing but huge windmills
I think by the end of the trip, we were ALL tired of being in the car, (we drove A LOT this trip, not just to Utah and back but to the Uintah’s, Provo, Pocatello, etc..) but I was thoroughly impressed with my kids and how well they handled our cross-country road trip. Although I never want to do this again while I’m 7 months pregnant, I’m sure we’ll make the drive to Utah several times in the next 20 years and see all the sights there are to see between Texas and Utah!
No comments:
Post a Comment