Friday, October 21, 2011

What we’ve been up to lately

It’s been a crazy couple of weeks and I know I fell way behind in blogging over the past few months, and while it’s understandable with a new baby, I really need to document our life while he’s so little!  So I’m working on it and have SEVERAL posts half written.  (David’s baby blessing, Paul’s birthday, an update on David and some other general posts)  I hope I can finish them all this weekend.

Other than the posts I already mentioned, here are some of the things we’ve been up to lately.

I already blogged about this on my other blog, but I’m still so excited that we have Bountiful Baskets here in Houston now.  We’re still only getting baskets every other week, but we’ve gotten them 3 times now.  Here are pictures of what we’ve gotten in our baskets!  Can you believe it’s only $16.50 for all this!

IMG_4986IMG_5099IMG_5150

The day after David was born, Paul bought our family a new TV.  We had previously just had a 27” for our main TV, but Paul decided it was time to upgrade!  And we upgraded to HD service just in time for college football.  When BYU played against USU we had a fun family night.  This summer when we went to Utah we made sure our boys had t-shirts from both schools (we try to brainwash them equally).  Before the game we let each kids choose which school they wanted to root for.  Here’s the results!

IMG_5075

IMG_5089

It really was a good game, despite the fact that BYU got lucky and won at the end!

Despite the sleep deprivation I am proud that I’ve kept my house in pretty good shape.  Mostly because I’ve made sure that I’ve had reasons to keep the house clean.  I threw a baby shower for my friend Haylie.  (she’s the one in the pink on the left)

IMG_5112

I  invited some friends over for a turkey dinner to help clean out my freezer. We ended up with 8 adults, 3 2yos, 1 4yo, 2 5yos, 3 7yos and 1 8yo. I think the kid table had as much fun as the adult table!

I babysat for my friend Julie’s twins.  4 kids under the age of 2…was a little crazy, but it was only for a few hours.  I honestly don’t know how she manages her twins and 2 year old!

IMG_5188

This week our Relief Society had a Provident Living cooking class.  I taught everyone what to do with pumpkins.  We cooked up 2 pumpkins and I ended up with 9 cups of pumpkin pulp for to make pumpkin cookies and other goodies!  I also got a cup of pumpkin seeds which I roasted and already ate!  So yummy.

  IMAG0215

IMAG0217

IMAG0222

Aaron and Brian have had a lot of fun lately too.  Now that they both go to the same elementary school they spend more time together.  Not only do they ride the bus together but they share a room too.  Aaron has the top bunk and his own light to read at night.  Brian has finally gotten interested in reading too and we will often find them both reading late at night well after we’ve told them to go to bed.  Hard to get mad at them though!

IMG_5147

Life has definitely been busy, but busy is good.  It makes us tired, but we will survive! 

IMG_5151

I wonder what will be next! 

1 comment:

Lissa said...

Hahaha! I love the picture of everyone sleeping at the end.