Thursday, September 20, 2007

Brian's latest update

Now that Aaron is in preschool, Brian and I get a little more one-on-one time and we love it. Actually he takes a nap first, which I love, then we get to spend time together. Today I was reading a magazine on floor of the living room while he played with a ball in the entryway. It was so fun to just watch him throw the ball on the carpet, then on the tile and laugh every time. He's still such a sweet, happy boy. I feel I can't call him a baby anymore now that he walks so well and understands so much of what we say. He follows instructions really well and surprises me all the time. Here's a few more examples:



1. For years we've had this routine for putting Aaron in his car seat (1 arm, 2 arms, click 3, click 4, click 5, kiss for 6 and hands on head for 7). Brian has the same car seat and I've said the same things for a while, but I usually gave him his pacifier for 7 since I knew he was little enough to not be able to get his fingers caught in the door or anything. This past week, when I've put him in his car seat he automatically puts his hands on his head after I give him a kiss! He's so observant and I love it.



2. He currently has a spoken vocabulary of 4 words and a sign vocabulary of 4 words (although he seems to learn more signs all the time, he just doesn't do them when I prompt him yet). His signs are: eat, more, milk and finished. His words are dada, mama, amen and my mom got him to say Grandma this past weekend. When we say prayers, whether on the food, or our nightly family prayers, or Family Home Evening, or even at church, he folds his cute chubbly little arms and at the end he actually says amen. It is so adorable!



3. He also loves to give kisses. If you ask him for a kiss he will walk over to you and with his mouth open WIDE dive at your mouth. Sometimes he'll get you just about from nose to chin. And sometimes he is in a kissy mood and just kisses you repeatedly! He's an animal. He can also blow kisses and gives high fives like a pro!



4. Lastly, the kid still eats everything in sight. He empties his bowl or plate at every meal (granted we find half of it in his lap or on the floor) and seems to never fill up. The first time he signed "finished" I was more excited that he was actually full than that he had made the sign!



Well, that's the update on the one year old. I'll update Aaron's activities again soon too.

No comments: