Aaron, Grandpa Fuller and I went fishing a few weeks ago. Honestly.. it was the first time that I caught a fish. We all were having a great time until the camera fell into the lake.
Story of the Camera in the lake....
As you can see in the pictures the dock where we are sitting isn't super wide... Jen, playing the role of motherly photographer, capturing her husband's and son's first fish was maneuvering all over the dock with the nimble footwork of a billy goat. Just after snapping the pictures above, she slid the camera into her pocket and tried to edge herself around Grandpa. I don't think she noticed, but I saw the camera slide out of her pocket and gently splash into the lake.
When she realized what had happened and took over the duties of keeping Aaron from following the camera off the dock and into the lake, I jumped in after the camera. The lake is only about 4 - 5 feet deep where we are fishing. Initially I attempted to dive and feel around on the bottom with my hands. I quickly learned that my feet were better suited to find the camera sitting on the bottom. I found many other treasures on the bottom of the lake before I found the camera. It had spent 5 minutes underwater and was surely dead.
We took the batteries out, rinsed it with clean water, and attempted to dry it with a hair-dryer. Then we let it sit for a week ensuring that it was completely and utterly dry before attempting to turn it on again. When we did finally put the batteries in, it took five or six tries to get most of the camera functions to work... but the camera did work. And worked for about a week before it stopped auto-focusing. Then stopped working all together. After some effort we declared it gone.
Yippee! I get to shop for a new camera. Then I realized that the new cameras aren't as nice as the one we had. And they take different types of memory cards, and connection cables, and every other accessory.
I turned to eBay. I found our old camera for sale and started bidding. It took a few tries before I successfully replaced our camera with one identical for a great deal! Be careful... eBaying can potentially be addicting and time sucking!
But we have a camera again. So... the blog will continue.
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment