It's been a super busy week or two which is why I haven't posted lately. Here's a brief rundown. We went to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate that Aaron had done such a good job potty training lately...he had gone several weeks without an , there was a YW activity, a dentist appointment, I took my car in to the body shop and went to BUNCO. We've had some play dates, story time at the library, and lots of time at Grandma's house. We feel like we've been really busy!
Then on Friday my father went for a radiation treatment and collapsed and had to be admitted to the ICU. He was there through the weekend, then was in a regular room for the next day or so. He was released Tuesday morning, but they had no business releasing him in the condition he was in and after meeting with his doctor in the afternoon was readmitted to the hospital. It's been a busy few days. Paul and I were both there to help Tuesday and Paul went with my parents to dad's doctor appointment. I am so grateful to my husband for being so loving and helpful with my family. Thank you Paul!
Monday Aaron had his evaluation through the school district to see if he has social delays. They were all very impressed with how amazingly smart he is, but they still want to observe him at preschool and see how he interacts with other kids. We won't know their recommendation or diagnoses for at least a month so I'll post more when I know more. We are thinking about not putting him in preschool next year though, just doing a home preschool co-op with other moms in the area. If you have done it and have any information to share I'd love to hear from you.
I do have some cute pictures and videos of the boys that we've randomly taken this past week and I'll put a slide show on to show just how adorable they both are. Sorry the bath one is dark...we'll try to fix it. By the way, Happy Valentines Day everyone!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, you guys have been busy! I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Is he doing better and back home now? That's scary. I had no idea you and Paul had any concerns about Aaron. For about a year now I have toyed with the thought of getting Haleigh tested. Her language acquisition is good and other developmental milestones seem on target, but there have been a few behavioral things that have triggered a few red flags for me. The pediatrican says to give her another year or so before getting worried, but still, it has me wondering. We should talk! As far as pre-school curriculum, you may want to check out http://rainbowresource.com
We get a lot of Taryn's home school stuff from them and they cater to all different age groups and needs.
I love the new look of your blog! Very fresh for spring! We need to get our families together again one of these days! Maybe we'll make a trip out to Houston soon. Take care & have a Happy Valentine's Day!!
Cute pics :) I hope things get going better there. Sounds like you have lots of worries. I need to call so we can talk. In the mean time, keep smilin'
Post a Comment