For the month of June, the 3-4 yr olds in our ward at church are responsible for the opening prayer, leading the 3-8 yr olds in saying the monthly theme, scripture, and 12th article of faith and giving a short talk. Aaron's job this Sunday was the talk. The theme for the month was "The temple blesses me and my family" so on Wednesday Aaron and I sat down and talked about it and wrote his talk.
We then practiced having him read it a few times then on Friday Paul suggested he memorize it, and he surprised us by having already memorized the whole thing. Saturday we went to the church so he could practice saying it in front of the podium in the primary room with the microphone on. We talked to him about it a lot and he didn't seem nervous at all, but we knew that come Sunday afternoon it could be a totally different story. We were prepared to have to help him if needed as we know most parents have to whisper in their kids ears what to say.
But not Aaron. When it was his turn he stepped right up on the stool, grabbed the microphone in his hand and spoke right into it. He said his talk perfectly, and while maybe not everyone could understand him, he did a GREAT job and we were so proud of him. We sat in the back of the room and just beamed at our amazing son.
Here are some pictures of our adorable boy taken right before church. The fat lip was from falling at the play place in the mall, it bled for just a second, but then he was over it and thinks the ice cream he had for dessert last night erased the bump!
He fell asleep in the car on the way to church...precious!
Also, here is the talk he gave and again...we are so proud of him!
The temple blesses me and my family
Heavenly Father has asked us to build temples
A temple is also called the house of the Lord
In Doctrine and Covenants section 97 versus 15 and 16 it says:
“And inasmuch as my people build a house unto me in the name of the Lord, my presence shall be there, for I will come into it.”
In temples families can be sealed together for eternity.
I’d like to bear my testimony that I know the church is true and I know that because of temple blessings I can be with my family forever.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
3 comments:
He is amazing! And might I add handsome!
OH! I'm so sorry I missed this!! I am excited to see him more in Primary and get to know your little guy. See ya later.
That's sweet. He looks like a little missionary in his suit and tie...very dapper!
Post a Comment