Monday, June 30, 2008

So far this summer...

It's been a month since I blogged...and I don't really have a good excuse. We've just been regularly busy, but not with much exciting going on. I haven't taken tons of pictures, so I apologize, but hopefully this weekend we'll get some good pics from the Lake Conroe. Here's some highlights of June.

We spent a weekend at Lake Conroe relaxing and Aaron and Paul spent the morning and evening fishing. My dad would be so happy!



Aaron had his 4 yr check up. He's 50th% for height and 75th% for weight, but somehow his BMI is only 25-50%. How does that work? We met with a new pediatrician and it was fun to sit and brag on my smart boy. She was impressed!

Both boys went to the dentist, but Aaron had to go twice because half way through the exam he freaked out and wouldn't let her finish. Luckily, both boys have great strong teeth with no cavities!

Aaron went to a week long day camp hosted by some young women in our ward for 3 hours a day one week. He had a great time.

Aaron is taking swimming lessons and is over half done. Some days he likes it better than others, but overall he is learning lots and doing great. Brian loves to swim too, but mostly just loves the suckers that Chandler gives them.





Aaron finished his turn in primary by giving 2 talks, saying one prayer and reading the article of faith, scripture and theme about 3 times. We were so proud of him having no fear and just being a pro.

Uncle Andrew (Paul's bro) came in town for Father's day and he and Paul went to the Astros v. Yankees game (we lost). We loved having Andrew here even for a short visit, but somehow we didn't take any pictures, silly us.

Paul and I went to the Astros v. Red Socks game last weekend and we won! It was an awesome, close, action packed game!

We've spent time at the park and the library, but most of our time is spent hanging out at home and just relaxing. The boys love helping us wash the cars!





I just made pickles, salsa and crushed tomatoes for the first time. We haven't tried them yet, but will this weekend. Wish us luck!





I feel all domestic now...like a real Mormon Woman or something! Anyway, that's it for now. I'll update again soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you with all your canning skills! You go, girl! Looks like June was lots of fun...your boys are cuties! Happy 4th!

John and Marcia said...

Pickles! Of course your first canning attempt would include pickles! Hope they turn out! Wish I was with you all for all the summer fun. Miss you tons!!

Heather said...

Holly has been canning too, you should compare stories! Bobby is jealous of the game you went to b/c those are his two favorite teams so either way he'd have enjoyed the game. Sounds like you're enjoying your summer, which is perfect. That's what summer is for.

McKrola Family said...

You are a real mormon woman! hehe

Lanes said...

I am impressed! Canning! I know who to call if I ever brave such a thing :).

Mrs. Ordinary said...

Wow, busy busy! No wonder you haven't blogged. I love the lollipop picture.