Wednesday, August 06, 2008

More from this summer

We had a great July with lots of fun activities, but not nearly enough pictures to show for it. Here's some highlights though.

Fourth of July we went to Lake Conroe with Mom Fuller, Gary and Rene Wojnowski (friends from when the Fuller's lived in Oklahoma) and Chandler and Heather Knies (friends from our ward). We went fishing and boating, relaxed in the house, ate some great food, and watched the fireworks across the lake from the comfort of our home. It was a great weekend and we were glad we were able to spend time with friends.

Aunt Lis (Paul's sister) came for a week and we went to Moody Gardens, shopped, watched movies, went to the library, hung out, played games...we had a great time. Thanks for coming Lis! Paul took one day off and we went to Moody Gardens and saw the Aquarium Pyramid and the Palm Beach. The kids did well and everyone had a great time!



The air conditioning went out on my car :( so we've spent the past month looking online for the right car for our family. (Thanks mom for loaning us your car for the past few weeks!) We sold my car to CarMax and bought a 2005 Honda Odyssey. It is fully loaded, lots of bells and whistles for us to play with and get used to and we are VERY EXCITED! I'll post pictures later this week after we get it detailed and looking perfect.

Tropical Storm Edouard hit just East of Houston on Tuesday. We made sure we were prepared, and it was good practice, but not necessary for this storm. We got less than 2 inches of rain, no strong wind and no power outages. Paul got to work from home though and the boys had a great time playing in the rain! I'll take storms like this any day!




Brian has turned into one kissy boy! He kisses us constantly. We love it and encourage it! He went from being a very non-cuddly baby to quite a cuddly and kissy toddler. Here's some pics of him kissing everything in sight!



Here's one last slide show of some of the cute pictures we've taken in the past month of the boys in the shower, at the Astros game, and with their dad..

6 comments:

Brian and Rachel Maxwell said...

Jen
Your boys are growing so fast! They are so adorable. Looks like you have been having a really fun summer!

Erica Huff said...

Congratulations on the new car! That is always fun. Why don't we see any pictures of you soaking wet from the rain??? I love to let my girls play in the rain. It is the epitome of childhood in my mind.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mrs. Ordinary said...

Love the pictures of the boys in the shower (although I must admit when I first read the caption "pictures of the boys in the shower, with their dad...), I visually omitted the comma and had quite the shock before I reread :)

Heather said...

I love the pictures of the boys in the rain, how cute is that? I used to love playing in the rain too. Still do.

Jen said...

thanks P & J for letting us know that reads funny, we've fixed it now!