Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School

I had been told by the school district there had been a mistake with Aaron's paperwork and that the school bus would not be picking him up the first week, that I'd have to drive him to his preschool (He's going to K-T Private Preschool). Imagine my surprise when the bus showed up at 7:35am! Luckily we were ready, but since I had been planning on taking him, as he drove away I was filled with sadness seeing my little 4yr old leave on the school bus.

I asked him what he wanted for breakfast and he said blueberry muffins, so I got up early to make muffins before Paul went to work. I helped him get dressed in some of his new school clothes, and as you can see he looks adorable, of course! I told him it was ok to be a little scared or nervous your first day, but he said he was just excited so more power to him!

I have some errands to run, so maybe I'll drop by the school just to make sure he got there ok! It's ok for me to be a little nervous the first day too...right?





About an hour after he left I was composing this blog when I got another surprise. Aaron's school called to tell me he threw up! I guess he was more nervous than he thought! I quickly drove down there, and he was doing just fine so I left him there for the rest of the morning. I've got another 2 hours or so before he gets home, and I've got tons to do, but I'm just worrying about him.

The other thing that surprised me, was Brian's reaction to Aaron going to school. I guess I had prepared Aaron for his first day, but hadn't really talked to Brian about it. He cried when Aaron's bus drove away and threw a tantrum as I tried to get him to come back in the house. When we went to the school he immediately ran over to Aaron repeating his name numerous times and joined them in circle time. He was sad again when we left. I'll have to spend some really good one-on-one time with him this week as he gets used to Aaron being gone.

Well, it's back to the laundry and dirty house, I'll post again when Aaron gets home!

4 comments:

Paul said...

What a good looking little man! I love the pictures.

Jason and Lissa said...

Poor Aaron! I hope the rest of his first day went better!

McKrola Family said...

awwww I bet he had a great time. Landons first day was today too. I was a little hurt when he yelled across the room.. MOM GO HOME!! These kids are growing up! STOP!!

Anonymous said...

What a handsome guy! Congratulations on your first day, Aaron! How cool, you got to ride the bus!!