Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cooking for the Family

After my big freezer meal session with Jessi and Amy in February, I didn't do much for a while. I did teach some classes about making freezer meals for my ward Relief Society and the next ward over, but I didn't do anything myself until summer time.

In June I organized a freezer meal swap of a group of 8 women from church. We each picked one meal then made 8 batches of that meal then swapped with each other. This was great for me, as I got some meals I might not have made myself, but really enjoyed. I forgot to take a picture though :(

That same week I got a case of tomatoes and made a BIG batch of salsa with the help from Amy. I had done this 2 years earlier and tried not to be as afraid of the jalapeƱos this year. It ended up being almost too spicy for me, but Paul says it's just right. Don't ask me for the recipe though, I combined a few recipes and really have no idea what's in it!


As I got ready to do another freezer meal session for myself, I randomly changed my mind and decided to just do breakfasts. I made scones, french toast sticks, berry baked french toast and lots of breakfast burritos. Now I'm ready to give my boys healthy hot breakfasts before school with no additional effort at 7am!


I keep thinking about making more freezer meals...but not today...I'm tired!

2 comments:

John and Marcia said...

Yummy! Come to my house and help me do this! Miss you and the boys. Hope that Brian is feeling better.

Michelle said...

Sounds good! I wish that I had people to do this with, great idea :)