Saturday, May 21, 2011

Family Fitness and Fun Day

Today was the 3rd Annual Katy Stake Family Fitness and Fun Day.  It included a 1 mile family walk and a 5K run and we all had a blast!  Here’s a picture before the event.

IMG_2426

I pushed the stroller with Christian and Brian and I walked the 1 mile.  While we were almost the last ones to finish, we had a good time walking a mile together. 

Paul and Aaron ran the 5K.  They trained for a few weeks, running around the block after work/school and enjoyed their time together.  Aaron named their team supercalifragilisticexpiali-runners-minus.  Or something like that!

IMG_2456

Here they are running together

IMG_2461

and now they cross the finish line with a time of 45:11. 

While they ran, B and C and I enjoyed some of the other Fun Day activities.  Here’s a picture of Brian doing a potato sack race.

IMG_2438

Christian was so happy to get to play in a bounce house!

IMG_2488

It was a great event and I’m glad our family was able to take part in it.  Hopefully next year when I’m not pregnant I’ll get to run too!

1 comment:

AmyJane said...

What a fun idea for a stake activity. We used to do a Primary activity that included a fun run for the kids, but this looks like run on a whole different level. Love it!