Sunday, June 05, 2011

28 weeks and counting

I am pregnant.  It is true.  My belly is getting bigger every day, but I don’t think I’m “that” big!  Yet I get comments OFTEN about how I must only have a few weeks left, or someone asking if I’ve ever been this “BIG” before. 

Comments like this are NOT helpful. 

I try to smile, tell them my due date isn’t until the end of August, and joke about how I’m going to survive the heat of the summer by living in my mothers swimming pool. 

IMG_2707

I did cut my hair so that it will be cooler for these record high summer days.  (Houston hit 105 today which is the high not only for June 5th ever, but the high ever for the month of June!)

But the baby is growing well and kicks around lots and it’s a lot of fun.  I’ve had a pretty good pregnancy and Paul is mostly the only one that hears me complain. 

Things are going really well here and I’ve got several posts ruminating in my head, hopefully I’ll post them soon before I forget!

3 comments:

Brittany @ My Decoupaged Life said...

I think you look great! oh and I didn't get a chance to tell you but I love the new hair!

Heather said...

Well the upside of a big baby belly is that it makes you look super tiny! You look great.

Katie said...

You are the cutest little pregnant lady! Don't let the comments get you down--power to the mommy!