Friday, August 12, 2011

Baby D: Almost here! (38 weeks so far)

We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our 4th son.  His due date is August 25th and we have no idea exactly when he will arrive.  Aaron was 3 days late.  Brian was induced 10 days early.  Christian was induced 5 days early.  I am not being induced with David though, so there is a lot more uncertainty and no solid end in sight.  While we know he “could” come any day, we don’t have any reason to believe he will make his appearance early at all.  It makes things a little more crazy around here. 

But, I can hardly complain.  I still feel great and look pretty good too if I do say so myself.

IMG_4452

Thank you to my wonderful mother who blessed me with her genes…4th baby and still no stretch marks!  Am I tired?  Sure, I’m 38 weeks pregnant, what do you expect?  But I cat nap when I can and go to bed early so I’m surviving.  My children and husband might disagree since they get the brunt of my occasional grumpiness, but they’ll survive too…right?

We actually have a lot going on right now.  My mom who typically lives 30 min away is out of town for the baby blessing of my newest niece, so she wants me to wait until she gets back next Wednesday before I have the baby.  Sunday I’m singing in our ward choir at Stake Conference.  Tuesday is Brian’s 5th birthday, and we’re having a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese’s.  Wednesday is kindergarten orientation and meet the teacher night at the elementary school.  A few days later on Friday and Saturday Paul has some scout training he’s supposed to attend.  Then the next Monday is the first day of school, so the first day of 2nd grade for Aaron and the first day of kindergarten for Brian.  The due date is the following Thursday!  I happen to think all these things are fairly important and don’t really want to miss them.  That combined with the fact that my doctor for the past 8 years is now out of town and won’t be back until after my due date makes me mostly ok with the thought that I’m probably not going into labor any time soon. 

The doctor  tried to help move things along this past week, trying to help me have this baby before she left town, but it obviously didn’t work.  I’ll admit I threw a little bit of a pity party when the disappointment of still being pregnant sank in, but I realize I’m still 2 weeks away from my due date, so there’s no real reason to cry.  I know David will come when my body is ready to kick him out and since I’m doing well I really can’t complain too much. 

Thanks for all the love and support I’ve gotten from my friends and family and we look forward to updating you all with information when he’s born (but I’m guessing we’ll post updates about Brian’s birthday and the boys first days of school first!)

6 comments:

Lissa said...

I'm so jealous about the lack of stretch marks! Good luck. I know those last few weeks are so hard, even when you don't have a million other things going on.

Unknown said...

Oh Jen...I just want to give you a big hug! I loved reading your thoughts and what is going on with your pregnancy, family and life....you are one busy little Mama!

I remember you shared that your #4 baby would be due close to when school begins...hope you make it to meet your children's teachers...but if not...there will always be another day. Thinking of YOU!!!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara Thomas said...

You look beautiful, Jen! I'm glad you're feeling well.

Angie said...

You look fantastic! Good luck with the next two weeks and be sure to keep your feet up when possible with three little boys. :)

Michelle said...

I'm a little sad that he didn't make his appearance on my birthday, but we are excited to see him when he does come!