Thursday, July 19, 2007

Swimming Lessons, Chuck E Cheese and the Beard

Yesterday Aaron had his 6th swimming lesson. He has a love/hate relationship to swimming lessons. Every time I tell him he has a swimming lesson he begins crying because he doesn't want to go. He usually cries on and off during the lesson, but after he always tells me he had a good time. You can see from the pictures that he is doing a great job kicking, getting his feet to come out of the water, and with the kick board can motor around the pool by himself pretty well! He still doesn't like to go underwater and wants to take a break every 2 minutes or have cuddles or sit on Chandler's lap, but he is getting better and we'll have a few more lessons and he'll do fine.


The lesson yesterday was in the afternoon and Paul was able to come with us so we finally have a picture of the beard to show you. I do think he looks handsome and I'm always amazed at how much red hair there is in his beard. I guess our kids could have any color hair!


We bribed Aaron yesterday that if he didn't cry, then after his lesson we could go to Chuck E Cheese. He's been doing "ok" with potty training (Only one or 2 accidents a day) and we thought he deserved a reward. Here's 2 of the pictures we loved. The first one was on a machine that rocked back and forth. Brian had never been on something like this before and he absolutely loved it. He had amazing smiles!


This last one is of Aaron in this tunnel system up above our heads. He had to climb up there and play around completely on his own. Once up there is no way for us to get up there if there is a problem. We forgot to make him take his shoes off before he got in and so he took them off somewhere in the tunnel system. We had to send him back up again to try to retrieve them!
It was a fun evening and we were all pretty tired when we got home. I'm sure we do it again soon though!

1 comment:

Amber Grannis said...

Cute pictures! Yay for Aaron & his swimming lessons!! Taryn's six this summer and is just figuring out the whole not-drowning idea. And can I just say Brian has got to be the cutest little guy I've ever seen! Look at that smile!