People ask all the time, so I thought I'd give a brief update on my dad here.
He's about to start his 4th round of Chemo next week. He should be having another PET scan soon, which will show us if the Chemo is working or not. The doctors say that they think it is working since his pain is being managed and they say if the tumors were getting bigger he would be in unbearable pain. Most of the time he has no pain though since he is on great pain killers.
He has all the typical side effects of Chemo. He has very little energy, he get nauseated, and he doesn't feel like eating much. Because of all that he's lost 60 pounds and needs new clothes! He's been quite anemic this past month and has had 2 blood transfusions to help that problem. He has been a little loopy sometimes (although it's not THAT different from his normal loopiness!). He'll talk about really random things and sometimes he sees things that aren't there, but usually it's just that he's drifting in and out of sleep so easily and talks about his dreams so what he talks about doesn't make sense to us.
We are in relatively good spirits though, except for the few times we aren't. We are very grateful to everyone who continues to offer their support through visits, cards, e-mails, and especially prayers. We love you all and continue to pray for the best. I'll let people know when there's more news to tell.
Friday, July 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jen-I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. Please know that he and your family is in our prayers. Brooke N
Jen, I had know idea your dad was sick. We'll keep him in our prayers.
Post a Comment