He didn't just pull down one little piece of wallpaper, it's like one BIG tear and LOTS of little tears. Tons of little pieces on the floor actually. It's partially my own fault, I knew he wasn't asleep, but I thought some quiet time before church would be good for him. I was livid though and am still a little mad at him. I guess we'll have to put his crib in the middle of the room now, instead of next to the wall. GRRRRR!
Maybe we'll buy those bunk beds we have been talking about and put him in a bed instead of a crib. Question to other moms and dads out there...when did you move your kids from a crib to a bed? Any advice would be appreciated.
4 comments:
Oh man! You know, maybe in a week or two you'll laugh in exasperation.
Or maybe not.
We transitioned the girls to beds from cribs once they showed signs of being able to escape and/or do crazy things in or from their crib. Haleigh, for example, was promptly switched to a bed (as well as moved to a different room) when we found she was climbing out of her crib into Brooklyn's, to play with each other instead of napping.
As for your walls... I'm sorry Brian messed them up. We have so many scribbles, holes, and other kinds of artwork that we've just decided we're going to let it all accumulate and then when they've all outgrown doing dumb stuff like that, we'll fix it all at once. It's a whole lot easier than getting worked up every time they do something like that.
Warren's memory is a little off. We moved Haleigh into a big-girl bed and in a separate room because she would climb into Brooklyn's crib to torture, tease, and beat up on her...not to play. In any case, for all the girls it was around 18 months to 2 years that we gave up on the crib thing mostly cuz they were attempting escape plans and I was worried about them breaking a neck or something. About the walls. I can't even begin to tell you how unattractive ours are. That's why I am doubly sorry that you had such cute walls to begin with that got maimed! :( You could put a book case or something over it...maybe?
After babysitting him the other day, I was so depressed. Brian was so good and if I told him "No" he listened. Hilton takes it as a personal challenge. Hilton is so distructive & my heart goes out to you. Good luck fixing it!
Awww man! that room was so cute. It still is. You can fix it, right?
We leave our kids in their cribs until they can get out on their own.(maybe because there's no more room for real size beds.jk) Even then, we left Jacob longer than that. He'd climb himself into bed and then out in the morning. I figure with a crib there is still a chance of child containment:) you at least get a head start before they chase you out of the room.
Post a Comment