Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The next summer update

It's only been two weeks since posting, but I already feel like there's been a ton going on. The big ones though, were me going to Girls Camp with the Young Women in our church and Brian turning 2 years old! Unfortunately, right now the computer we put our pictures on is not connecting to the internet which makes it difficult to post lots of pictures. I can load a few onto my flash drive and do it here on my laptop, but it's MUCH slower than I'm used to doing, so it's kinda annoying. Sorry to all my friends who want to see all the Girls Camp pictures...I took over 100! Instead I'm going to write a bunch and just add a few pics.

Have I ever told you guys I have the best mom? Well I do! She watched my two boys the whole week I was gone, and my fabulous husband moved into my Mom's house so that he could take charge of them in the evenings. I knew the boys were well taken care of, so I left and didn't look back. I was gone Tuesday through Saturday.

Now I'm not the best camper, in fact I never really went to Girls Camp when I was a youth, but since I'm in the Young Women's presidency I felt it was a great opportunity to get to know the girls and have fun with them. And that I did! I got all girly with them and stayed up late at night chatting about boys and books and the Young Women's program (but mostly boys). It was a lot of fun and while I'm exhausted, I'm really glad I went. I'm glad I wasn't in charge, we had a fabulous camp director and assistant camp director, but I'm glad I took the opportunity to participate.


We got back Saturday afternoon (Brian's birthday), and after showering and relaxing a little, took the boys to Chuck E Cheese so I wouldn't have to cook. We were negligent in getting good photos there, but the kids had a blast, and to be honest, so did Paul and I! The pizza is marginal, but who doesn't like Skee-ball or Whack-a-Mole?


Although Brian's birthday was Saturday, we celebrated it Sunday with Grandma. I made him a racetrack cake, and it looked like this,

although it was supposed to look like this.
Not too bad for a beginner I guess. At least it tasted ok! Brian got lots of great presents and I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite.

He went to the doctor today for his 2yr old check up and was in the 90% for height and 75% for weight. He's a happy healthy little boy though and we couldn't be happier that he's part of our family. He still just loves to laugh and is totally into kissing everyone. He requests tickle time often and likes to try to tickle us as well. He and his brother get along most of the time, and I'm sure he'll miss Aaron when school starts next week.

Brian is a joy: He loves his ABC's, singing (singing his ABC's), being read stories, & playing catch with his dad - or anything involving a ball. He's addicted to TV and movies, but loves playing any games and just playing with us. He is easy to laugh. Even in the middle of throwing a tantum, if we start laughing, he'll start laughing, then he'll go back to throwing his tantrum.



It doesn't have to be said, but we'll say it anyway. We love Brian.

5 comments:

Amber Grannis said...

Skee-ball and Whack-a-mole are my Chuck E. Cheese faves! Happy Birthday to Brian! What a sweetie. Glad to hear (and see) that you not only survived girls camp but had a blast doing it! I always wished ours was a little less focused on the "survival" aspect and more into the "fun" of it all. How cool that they got to do archery! Robin Hood coulda been a girl, right? I mean, with a name like Robin and all. Great pics! What a fun way to end the summer...camp and a birthday party.

Lanes said...

I loved the video of Brian! He looks exactly like Aaron, but with darker hair! I am glad you had fun at girls camp too!

Jeanette said...

It looks like everyone at camp had a great time. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Happy Birthday Brian. I'm surprised he knows how to have a tantrum. He's too sweet.

brooke said...

Tantrums are a funny thing to me. Sometimes I get angry when Spencer throws one (like when we're in public)- but a lot of the time they make me laugh because he's just convulsing out of control for practically no reason. But I've thrown a few like that in my day too!

Glad you had fun at camp, now is your chance to enjoy it since you didn't as a teen.

Julie said...

I had a good time at camp when I was younger, but I have no desire to go again! Happy Birthday Brian!