I am the only one awake at home...my 3 boys are all asleep. I should be asleep too since I have had a very busy day.
I just typed a nice long blog explaining everything exhausitng I did today but then decided no one really cares what I do all day, so instead I'm going to discuss some stuff that's been on my mind.
Via my Google Reader I routinely monitor about 50 of my friends or family members blogs. Sometimes I check my reader multiple times a day and read one or two new posts here or there. I didn't check it for about 2 days and there were over lots to read today. Several of my friends had very interesting entries which I left comments on. That brought up a thought about a discussion Paul and I had lately about this blog.
Paul started this blog about 2 years ago for the purpose of sending information to his family in Utah. Since then (and against Paul's wishes) I've kind of hijacked the blog and my audience is more of my friends from church and school who are moms too and who we all read each other's blogs. I TRY to keep it describing the kids and stuff that my extended family would enjoy reading, but sometimes I just want to vent my thoughts, feelings, frustrations, or excitements about whatever goes on in MY life (church, teaching classes, kids driving me crazy, fun things I've done with Paul or other friends). I know Paul doesn't approve (and probably won't like this entry either...then again he's asleep right now!) but getting comments on my blog makes me happy and my girlfriends in the trenches comment (and probably read it) a lot more than my family or Paul's so I feel justified. Keep those comments comin' girls!
Anyway, there's my post...ramblings and all. I really should get to sleep though since it WAS an exhausting day!
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Blogs are a wonderful way to brag about our little ones and share our daily ups and downs. Love your blog, keep on blogging even if it is the occasional vent. :)
Your blog is my only connection to your family since we live so far from each other, so keep it comin'! I love it!
Jen
I'm not a blogger but I enjoy everything you put on yours. Of course I love the updates on the kids! Being a stay at home mom can be a lonely endeavor sometimes and I think it is great that you have a way to keep in touch with your friends. You can put anything you want on your blog and you can tell Paul his mother said so!
My blog multitasks too...
Some posts are clearly photos and bragologues for the grandparents and others are "mommy blogger" posts. I've thought of having two but it's too much trouble. I just have to remind myself of ALL the audiences I have before hitting that "publish post" button!
Post a Comment