Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fun weekend with Friends

Gotta love the three day weekend!

Our friends Amber and Warren and their 3 daughters visited us from Kyle, Texas and we had a great time! When they showed up Saturday afternoon we made some of my home-made strawberry banana ice cream (turned our pretty good if you ask me) which won me a prize at our church end of summer party last year. Unfortunately for my waistline, I think we've eaten over half of the batch already! Paul was at a baptism at the church, so we went to Mary Jo Pecham Park in Katy near the church so he could meet us there and play. Silly me, I forgot to bring my camera, but Amber took a few great pics so check them out on her blog referenced above.

Amber and Warren brought us dinner Saturday night from Papa Murphy's Pizza. There aren't franchises here in Houston, but there were in Logan where I went to school and I miss it! I don't know whether it was a gift to get it again, or just mean since I can't have it again for a while! Delicious though! That night we stayed up late playing games (kazink and killer bunnies), chatting, and having fun.

Sunday was church of course, and Aaron (4) and Taryn (6) sat very nicely on the pew next to each other reading The Friend and doing puzzles. Brian (1) and Haleigh (3) were a little more all over the place, but it was a good service with great talks on family history and the new website the church has put out to help us with it. My mom and I plan on working on dads genealogy so I'll have to check out the site soon.

Sunday night we had some emergency home repairs of replacing our garbage disposal (Seriously Amber, it WASN'T your fault) but luckily Paul and Warren are both really handy and were able to fix it all after 3 trips to the Home Depot. Silly us though, we set the delay start for the dishwasher when we thought the disposal was fixed, then later took it back out and while we played games that night (more killer bunnies) the dishwasher ran and water filled the bucket we luckily had placed under the sink, then overflowed in on kitchen floor. It's all cleaned and fixed now, so no big deal!

Monday we had plans to head to the museum of natural science, but Brooklyn (2) wasn't feeling so well so they all headed back home.
Memorial day Paul ended up playing volleyball at the church with the missionaries, I started cleaning the house a little, we went shopping at Target for nothing special, then we had some other friends, Julie and Justin over for dinner and more game playing (pinochle) and chatting.

Now life is going to have to get back to normal, I've got 5 loads of laundry to do today, Aaron still has 3.5 days of preschool, the house is still not really clean and dinner will need to get made like always. Thank you Amber, Warren, Julie and Justin for helping us have a great Memorial Day weekend. It's always nice to visit with friends and I hope more people come to visit us soon.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

LOVE PAPA MURPHY'S. miss it. want one here.