Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Freezer Meals

My biggest and most exciting news is that I bought a freezer! I know, kinda silly, but I’m totally excited about it. I’ve been wanting a deep freezer for a while, and I finally just did it. I got a 7 cu ft chest freezer from Sams Club and put it in my utility room and I couldn’t be happier. I then took my freezer and filled it with food!

I got together with 2 of my friends and in less than 6 hours we made 45 meals and 8 dozen rolls to split up between us. We had a lot of fun, and now we each have 15 meals or so to cook whenever we want. I love making my freezer meals and had never done it with friends like this before. It was a lot of work, wasn’t quite as efficient as it could be, but it was a lot of fun. Next time I’ll do things slightly differently, but I look forward to many more freezer meal sessions with friends!

All our meals together

My stash!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Yay!! for freezer meals! A nonmember friend of mine asked if I could lend her my freezer meal cookbook today. She said that there alot of things about being Mormon that make sense to her, namely food storage!!

Jessica said...

Hooray! I had fun too, but I agree, it wasn't as efficient as it could have been. Live and learn, eh?

Unknown said...

Jen I am really impressed! I have a freezer but I just go to Costco to fill it up. Way to go!

John and Marcia said...

You should post some of the freezer meal receipes that you like. I would be interested in giving it a try since I have a freezer too!

Michelle said...

This is a great idea Jen! How nice to be able to pull out a homemade meal and just bake it :)